Things I Learned in 2020



2020, a stressful and depressing year indeed. A lot happened that caused my mental health. I thought the year was a lost cause, but it somehow got me so productive. I learned new things and checked off something on my 30 before 30 lists.

I somehow figured out what I want, and that made me happy. I just have to do it one at a time to get it. This year, I deeply learned so many lessons in love and life in general. I don’t have any regrets. The things that were so a big deal to me the past years do not affect me anymore. I don’t care about it at all. Although something happened this year that made me question my worth and left me with insecurities and doubts about myself, I feel that I’m stronger than my emotions now. And I thank God I was able to pull it through. He gave me the strength to overcome the trials that came to me. I grow more as a person.


I also never thought I will end the year with the same person I started it with. I'm happy.


These are the lessons I learned in 2020:


  1. Do not expect your friends and family to become supportive. Do what you want and have to do. 
  2. Do not let the past get in the way of your relationship.
  3. Believe that you can make it. The Law of attraction is real!
  4. You can't help someone who doesn't want to be helped.
  5. Staying stuck in the past and worrying about the future can ruin the present.
  6. Advising someone who's not ready to leave rarely works. The only thing we can do for them is to listen and be with them. We really can't force someone to leave not until they're ready.
  7. Unfairly judging someone without getting to know them first will only make you focus on what you don't like about them. Anything they do or say, your brain can't accept because you already made assumptions, you already set your biases. Give yourself time to question your negative opinions so you can give someone you’ve judged a chance to prove you wrong. 
  8. Unlearning habits, previously held beliefs, values, and prejudices is way harder than learning. It takes a lot of hard work and admission that your actions have been wrong. But acceptance of being wrong is what we need for growth to take place.
  9. Do not date broken men. You'll just lose yourself. It's not your job to fix him.
  10. You don’t have to tell anybody what’s going on in your life. Let them assume wrong.
  11. You deserve someone who respects you, is scared to lose you, can fight for you, and someone who can offer the unconditional love that you deserve.
  12. Trying then fail is better than not doing anything at all.






No comments